Gina Weddle (E-RYT 500), is celebrated for her light-hearted, clear and accessible approach to teaching. Specializing in beginner, senior and gentle yoga, her authentic and thoughtful presence reflects her 10+ years of teaching yoga.
After serious back injuries while an undergraduate, her dream of a career in dance performance pivoted to teachingpedagogy. She studied in London, England at LABAN Dance Conservatoire in 2003-04 and completed her BFA in Dance from Temple University in 2005. She returned to work in England as a secondary school dance teacher and LABAN as graduate assistant until 2006. Searching for relief from back pain, she forged her dedicated and ultimately self-healing yoga practice which in turn cultivated her desire to teach yoga.
First certified in 2007, Gina is now a E-RYT 500 registered Yoga Alliance teacher. Her teaching is influenced by many somatic movement practices including dance, pilates and tai chi, her yoga teaching certifications in Anusara, Vinyasa, and Hatha Yoga and her personal interests in mindfulness meditation and Iyengar Yoga. Her more recent academic studies in Ergonomics at University of Colorado and University of Derby, as well as teacher trainings at Duke integrative Medicine in Integrative Yoga for Seniors (2015) and Mindful Yoga and Cancer (2017), support her passion to provide accessible and safe yoga to older adults and individuals with restricted mobility. She teaches students to access awareness of their body and breath, ability to move with ease and sustain healthy posture while threading in the wisdom and mindfulness practices of yoga.
Gina taught yoga in Philadelphia, PA for over a decade. She was adjunct faculty professor of yoga at her alma mater Temple University, taught and mentored teachers, led therapeutic and beginners' series, and led public and private lessons weekly in Center City, Philadelphia. Read more about Gina's training below.
FOCUSED YOGA STUDIES
SHORT COURSES & CERTIFICATES
- 2017 Mindful Yoga For Cancer, Duke Integrative Medicine
- 2015 Integrative Yoga For Seniors, Duke Integrative Medicine
- 2010-2014 Anatomy & Yoga Therapeutics, Martin Kirk and Naime Jezzeny
- 2010-2014 Anatomy & Yoga Therapeutics, Ellen Saltonstall
- 2011 Yoga for Children, Go Grounded
- 2010 Prenatal Yoga, Sue Elkind
- 2009 Street Yoga (for Youth), Mark Lily
YOGA CERTIFICATIONS & Distinctions
- 2011 E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance
- 2010 'Anusara Inspired Teacher' Distinction - School of Anusara Yoga
- 2009 Hatha Yoga - Anusara Style (200 hour), Sue Elkind & Naime Jezzeny
- 2008 Vinyasa Yoga (200 hour Audit), Dhyana Yoga
- 2007 Vinyasa Yoga (200 hour), Dhyana Yoga
ERGONOMICS & DANCE STUDIES
- 2015-16 Ergonomics & Human Factors - Continuing Education, University of Derby, UK
- 2014 Certification in Occupational Ergonomics, University of Colorado, USA
- 2005 BFA - Dance, Temple University, USA
- 2004 Post Graduate Diploma Dance Studies, Laban Dance Conservatory, London, UK
LOCAL Teaching Employment
- 2006 - Present Align From Within LLC (formerly Yoga with Gina), Owner & Founder
- 2009 - Present The Sporting Club at the Bellevue
- 2013 - 2016 Three Queens Yoga (formerly Dig Yoga Philadelphia)
- 2010 - 2012 Temple University, Dance Department, Adjunct Faculty, Hatha Yoga
- 2008 - 2013 Dhyana Yoga Philadelphia
- 2006-2012 Yoga & Dance Teacher
- 2011-2012 Project Creator: Reach up Reach Out!
- Locations: Guatemala City & Philadelphia, PA
- Collaborations: Vedas Plenas, Lemonade International, Om Yoga Guatemala & Lemonade International. BuildABridge & Project Home.